Sunday, June 20, 2010

A thought while attending the wedding yesterday

I was fortunate to be invited by Mery to her wedding yesterday. Take note, this is my first wedding invite as an adult! Mery is an Indonesian Chinese and her husband, Fanming, is a Chinese from mainland China. They met in Singapore.

The wedding ceremony was held at the Sacred Heart Church along Tank Road followed by the banquet at the Fullerton Hotel. It was also my first time to be inside this posh hotel.

So what was I thinking during the banquet? After having seen Mery change into three wedding gowns during the reception, I said to myself I could not afford to marry soon! I might only be able to afford this kind of wedding celebration when I am in my 30s, after having earned my Ph.D.!

I am certainly not in a hurry. I still want to enjoy life being single, sometimes living life recklessly.

Ah, selfish for me. But I guess we have to go through that certain phase in our lives, don't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment