Saturday, June 05, 2010

A little surprise

I didn't know. I just knew I had the desire to go to mass this afternoon after attending an intercessory prayer session organized by the Praise@Work people. At 5:30 pm, I went to Church of Sts. Peter and Paul to hear mass for the celebration of Corpus Christi. Two minutes late, I had to find a seat in the front pews since the church was already packed with churchgoers. I eventually decided to sit beside a man who was in formal attire. When I asked him to give way for my seat, I was surprised to see my college scholarship benefactor! What a surprise! He didn't recognize me at first and so he had to turn to my direction twice to confirm whether it is really me! It's just so amazing! After the mass, we chatted for a little while and was really amazed that we saw each other in this foreign country. Well, Singapore is not that big and is not far from Manila. But what the heck, it's the suprise element, the coincidence, that really amazed both us. I am really happy to see him. By the way, he is here in Singapore with his wife to attend a conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment