Monday, June 07, 2010

I am back to looking like student!

Things must be getting better for me from what I gathered yesterday, at least. After I bought the book from Times at Plaza Singapura, I passed by an electronic store to check the digital cameras on display. The salesman asked me when I plan to buy one and I told him, only during the IT show next week. He told me to wait till July when prices are likely to fall after the IT show. After giving me his card, he asked if I were a student.

Did I hear it right? He initially assumed that I was a student?! Now, I am back on my feet! *With a big grin on my face!*

Why is this a big deal to me? Because when I was very new here in Singapore, people would usually assume that I was just a college student when I was already 25 then and about to start my second master's. However, after only a term at SMU, I felt like I literally aged. The auntie from Mister Bean, who would usually presume that I was a student, would now ask me if I were a (an SMU) staff. Moreover, my first-term classmate who hadn't seen me for around year frankly told me I aged. I myself could feel the aging process and it was no surprise with all the academic and personal difficulties I was going through then.

So it is a big relief to have someone notice my youthful glow again. I myself can attest to that. Even if I am nursing this heartache, I am much better now. I am carrying less burdens than yesterday. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment