Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Toastmasters

Some peopleno matter how old they get, never lose their beauty – they merely move it from their faces into their hearts. - Martin Buxbaum


Got this line from the ADB Toastmasters program this lunch time. I hope I get to be one among those some people who sincerely mature and grow deeper in their spiritual lives as they age. I hope I get to develop an eye for life's essentials, without getting distracted by people or things that are not aligned to my personal development.


I finally got myself to do an impromptu speech at today's Toastmaster's session! I did not volunteer. The Table Topics Master picked me to answer his question. It was a good thing that I was taken aback as I did not have time to panic. I answered using the Point-Reason-Example-Message framework and the evaluator thought I was confident in my speaking. I personally think though that I did not give a clear exposition of the topic. I just wish that I have a wider English vocabulary and a flair in using the language.


I also had another chance to be a Language Evaluator today where I used the word of the day: Milquetoast. I resolve not to be a milquetoast and stand firmly by my actions.


I realized that I should be grateful for being a part of this institution. No amount of money can match that lifestyle that I enjoy here. I get to do yoga at most three times a day (although I have only done 2x a day at most), five times a week. I have finally made myself part of Toastmasters (though not yet official as I haven't paid yet) - a personal goal since I was in Singapore. I hope to engage myself in one more activity soon. Thank you, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment