Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Meet Hundertwasser

I learned about the Austrian designer Friedensreich Hundertwasser (his name actually means something - Peace-Kingdom Hundred-Water!) today through Bernard, my Malaysian boss, who just came back from a trip to Bavaria. He shared his photos and I specifically liked the facade of Museum Hundertwasser:
A beauty, right? The trees sprouting from the windows of the building are even called tree tenants! Hundertwasser also designed, among many others, the establishments in Bad Blumau, Austria. Here's a panorama of the place:
Bernard was not able to visit this place and now feels bad after I pointed it out to him! It is such a beauty! I have to go to Vienna and visit Bad Blumau.

Browsing through Hundertwasser's paintings reminds me of the late Pacita Abad's collection.

(Note: Photos posted here are not mine.)






No comments:

Post a Comment