Sunday, May 15, 2011

It's good to be back

Had my first run since the operation at the Ateneo campus at Loyola Heights this sunny afternoon. What a great feeling to be able to do some of the things that I used to do 3-4 years back. As I was running, I can't help but sport a furtive smile on my face as I passed by familiar places in the campus. I suddenly missed my old days at the Ateneo - those times when I complained but, actually, basked at hell weeks, when I dreamed of meeting my boyfriend in college (that never happened), when I rushed to submit a paper before a deadline, those benches that were witnesses to conversations with remarkable people I met in school, the church choir whose songs just made me drop a tear at times, the sun's rays resting on the green Ateneo grounds, the fire trees that looked fantastic against the blue sky...

Thank you, Lord, for bringing me back to Ateneo this Sunday afternoon. This was actually the first time that I missed  and felt for my alma mater since I came back to Manila. When I first visited the campus, I thought I had an estranged feeling that I no longer connected with the place and that I needed to move on, look for a different job. I guess I am right with that but I shouldn't lose the connection. After all, some of my formative years happened there.

And did I tell you that it feels good to be running again? Whoa! I feel great!

No comments:

Post a Comment