Monday, June 06, 2011

When the universe plays tricks on you

Had a funny experience tonight.

I decided to take the Cubao Ilalim bus on my way home - a mode of transpo I discovered by chance last Friday when no cab was available and when I impulsively took the Cubao Ilalim bus to Farmers (Cubao Ilalim doesn't take you to Farmers 'coz it will pass through the underpass - something I would learn from my bus seatmate). Wrong guess proved to be a blessing in disguise though - this is what I love about adventures and sheer risk-taking!

So there I was, comfortably seated in the bus, relishing my bus ride experience.

Then the bus stopped, temporarily (or so I thought). I thought it was just one of its usual passenger stops. While waiting for the bus to start moving again, I was again comfortably leaning against my back thinking "I love riding buses. It reminds me of long road trips."

Then I wondered why the bus was taking so long to move again. There were policemen beside the road. I approached the front seats of the bus and sat beside a man, asked him what's going on. He didn't have any idea.

I got down, asked one policeman.

Your guess?

My bus driver, and 3 more others, got ticketed for reckless driving!

It seemed like the whole bureaucratic process was taking too long and it was already 11 in the evening. And so, I decided to take the cab to my place.

Hahaha! This is life in Manila. Despite these setbacks, I still feel that there is soul in this Metro than in the ultra-perfect city-state where I recently came from. And so, for now, I'll just enjoy the experience. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment