Saturday, June 11, 2011

To pursue a PhD or not?

I thought this decision would be easier now that I have tried both worlds.

Thing is, it is not. It has even become more difficult. Because now, I see the ups and downs of both sides of the world.

I feel the urge to make a decision now as GRE fee is half-priced if you take it between August and September. Moreover, there's a research paper that has long been sitting on my desk, waiting to be revised and submitted for publication.

And yet, I have been enjoying my liberty away from school! I like the thought that I can socialize as much as I want to in the private sector more than I would like in the academe. And the environment is just more dynamic outside school. And it is not true, contrary to what I used to believe, that the corporate world is filled with nonsensical, shallow people. Maybe there are, but not all of them. And if you're lucky, you'd find those whose souls are deeply anchored on the ground.

And if I work, I get to do many things on the side as well aside from yoga and gym. I can learn a new language and hone my public speaking skills, among many others, and hopefully, give more time for my future family.

Where to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment