Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I long for the day when I am all eager to be with myself again

I long for the day when I am all eager and ENTHUSIASTIC to do the things that I pride myself of doing once again.

I still haven't had lunch. It's 18 minutes past 1 in the afternoon already. Thanks to Mai for calling Jollibee for me.

Now, I have to finalize a paper that's due today. Do I see myself writing academic papers for the rest of my life?

I need to know. 'Coz I need to make a decision really really soon.

It just came to me that my decisions in the past were partly influenced by flimsy trimmings. For example, I wanted to go to Corpus Christi because I wanted to own my own locker. I wanted to go to Ateneo because I wanted to sit in the grass with friends musing about life just like what I saw in the school brochure..

Now, why do I want to go for an internship at JPMorgan again? How about doing a Ph.D. in Berlin? How about presenting my paper in an international conference?

Sadly, life is about choices. It's never about the many opportunities that came along your way. It's about the opportunities that you personally chose, the path that you personally lived.

No comments:

Post a Comment