Sunday, July 07, 2019

Happy birthday, Papa Oscar!

***First posted on Facebook on 8 June 2019***

Happy birthday to my favorite Papa Oscar!!!
Papa Oscar with Gabo

I am so proud to be your daughter, so blessed to have grown up under your constant presence and 
sacrifices. You are most generous of your time and others resources, this I deeply appreciate. You took joy in driving us to and from school as we kids were growing up, many times welcoming our friends to hitch a ride with us as well. It just didn’t seem a burden to you. And the fact that you were always there - never late - waiting for us by the time school ends has given me the assurance that you will always be with me and my siblings no matter what. That I was able to explore the world, pursued dreams that you didn’t understand yourself, and yet, you continued to hear me out and supported me financially (hope no need to do so going forward haha!). I owe much of the life I have now to you, ‘coz you had set the bar high in terms of the privileges we kids were going to get - no matter how difficult for you - and gave me the liberty to find myself, my passions without letting me worry about finances even if you didn’t have much.

Pa, I wish you good health and joy in your heart so you can continue to spread the love to us and your grandchildren. And that you get to enjoy the privileges and more that you yourself strived to give your children. I love you, Pa. 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment