Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hi, Father Tom!

This post is especially for you, Father Tom. I would like to update you on my life here in Manila. I thought this is a more convenient way of presenting photos to you, rather than attaching photos through e-mail.

With due date fast approaching and my mom joining us soon in Manila for my delivery, Rene and I tried to make some quality time together last Sunday, 8 July. I am already on my 36th week! And fast gaining weight at that! We enjoyed our tabouleh at Cafe Med, Powerplant Mall.

Rene and me at Cafe Mediterranean after a hearty meal
A week earlier, I asked Rene to take photos of me to send to another pregnant friend in Hong Kong. 

At 35 weeks
And Rene's attempt at photography
Last 16 June, a high school friend got married and I was one of her bridesmaids. 

L-R: Me, Samae, Ness, Marale, and Mai
(Samae, Marale, and Mai are my closest friends in high school)
Again, Rene and me at Samae's wedding
I celebrated my 29th birthday last 10 June and I had dinner with some friends at a Filipino restaurant.

Dinner with friends and brother
My sister and her son, Kavi, also visited me from Cagayan de Oro on the first week of June. I really wanted my nephew to go around Manila - visit the zoo and ocean park, take the train, ride on a plane, etc. - before he starts pre-school. Kavi was amazed at the fountain at the entrance of my office that I just had to take a photo of him and my sister!
Maricel and Kavi
On my 29th week of pregnancy, I had a 4D ultrasound of Umi. Have I mentioned that we call her Umi, short for Megumi which means blessing in Nihonggo. We might name her Paz Megumi Macahig.

Umi at 29 weeks.
Rene and I also joined a childbirth class in May.

Doing the exercises in class
The class pic
These are all for now, Father. We're nearing the expected date of delivery, which is on 9 August. We're quite nervous. I am a bit scared. At the same time, I am excited to see Umi. We're praying for a natural delivery - it'll be better for Umi and less costly for us. 

I'll await your email. Hope you're doing well. I miss you. When I get to visit Singapore, I have a resto where we can dine in mind. =)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Diana. Baby Umi looks cute, and she must be a pretty girl, since her parents are quite good looking. I feel quite happy for you when see those sweet photos of you and Rene. He looks nice and smart. Sweetheart, u set a good example for us, pretty and dynamic girl who has a happy family. Love you~~~ ur Zoe

    ReplyDelete