Thursday, October 07, 2010

How have I been?

I have been quite busy these days though I don't really mind.

September 15 was my first day as an intern in this investment bank. I work long hours, around 12 hours. In the first two days, I was asking myself, "what did I sign up for?" Later on, I have come to recognize that I have a lot to learn in terms of being an economist in real time while working here and also in terms of relating to people.

So I have committed myself to learn as much as I can while I am here.

Downside of working: I spend most of my day sitting (drinking tea and/or coffee). I'm getting fatter. I really need to exercise. And I do! I run thrice a week in the evenings. Still, it is not enough. I need to cut down on my food intake.

Saturdays are spent with LISS sessions. Before coming back to Singapore, I have committed myself to serve at LISS as a form of thanksgiving (and to keep myself busy during weekends).

Sometimes, I get lonely. I wish I have someone to embrace with. But then again, I can't afford a boyfriend now. I don't have the time.

That's it for now. Oh, I want to be an Economist for an IB just like the one I am with now. But maybe I still want to pursue a Ph.D. in the US. Let's see where this road will take me.

No comments:

Post a Comment