Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dugong on the loose - an aquathlon debut

On 3 March, I finally made my athletic event debut since completing that half-marathon while 5 weeks pregnant

Set for swimming
I initially planned to go back into running slowly, gradually working my way towards completing 10 kilometers. However, I found myself too heavy to run so I resorted to swimming, something that I have been doing once in a while since 2007. Being a low-impact sport, I thought swimming would be the best exercise given my current weight.   

So I signed up for Ateneo Aquathlon 2013 and swam 600 meters and ran 5 km.

My record? Here:
  • Swim (600m): 00:20:12:
  • Run (5km): 00:42:31
  • Overall: 1:05:58
I was happy with my swimming performance although I realized I swam really slow that R likened me to a dugong. I did not expect much from my running because I really found myself very heavy. Out of 10 racers, I finished 7th in the swimming part and last in the run. Overall, I finished 10th place. Haha! 

Well, I am glad to be back in the game! 

And excited for my next aquathlon this coming Sunday, 17 March. Wish me luck!

Sharing my photos at the Ateneo Aquathlon 2013.

Swimming for 12 25-m laps
From swimming to running
Was glad R joined me in running! 
Finisher's shot since there is no finisher medal
We celebrated our little victory over breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment