Sunday, August 28, 2011

On growing up

Tonight, I felt what I think most grownups feel.

I became scared of the thought of suddenly losing my job - the only source of my income.

My liabilities are growing. I shelled out serious money as deposit for my flat. I have released postdated cheques to the company that owns my flat. And just today, I spent almost the same amount as my deposit to buy a bed, an electric stove, an iron and ironing board, tables and chairs, kitchen utensils, electric fan, rice cooker, and what else. The list is growing. And I am weakening with the thought that my savings account is being depleted.

What if I suddenly lose my job? What will happen to me? It's really scary.

This is the first time that I have committed myself to something that involves serious money. So is this what growing up is all about?

No comments:

Post a Comment