Saturday, July 03, 2010

A realization

Around two nights ago, on my way home aboard a bus, it came to me that I have been too serious with my life and with my life plans. Since I decided to take a Masters in Economics at Ateneo, I have been tailoring my life towards a Ph.D. in Economics, a life in research without even asking myself whether this was what I really wanted. All I knew then was that I was surrounded by people who wanted a Ph.D. But I guess they weren't as serious as me. What I mean is that, despite their dedication to their dreams, they were still open to other possibilities. I, on the other hand, isolated myself solely to opportunities that would lead me to that Ph.D.. Sadly, I did not allow myself to be flexible enough.

So two nights ago, I told myself I needed to loosen up. I needed to keep my options open. I owe this to myself.

Explore is the word for me for the second half of this year. Of course, I still have to pray that He'll guide me in every step of the way and and grant me the grace to perform each task, no matter how simple, with excellence.

Explore, Diana. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment