Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ode to banana cue

I didn't have a formal lunch yesterday so at past 2 in the afternoon, I headed down to the cafeteria to buy some food. Later on, I began to think that I was specifically looking for the type of food that I have grown up with and that's not moussaka or any other non-Filipino food. So off I went to the contractor's cafeteria to check some home-cooked Filipino meals. Then I saw the banana cue. And turon.

I bought one each and enjoyed every bite of the banana cue and turon while I walked back to my workstation. Banana cue does give a certain sense of satisfaction. I don't know why. I did looked for it when I came back in Manila from Singapore. I love it that it's tender, sweet, and warm and makes you feel full after consuming the two bananas and a half on stick. =)

Banana is just one of the most important fruits/food ever created. Well, at least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment