Thursday, April 07, 2011

Hello world from ADB

I got the job that I mentioned in my previous entry. I like the environment - the type of work, the building, the people, the facilities, the food! Thank you, Lord!

I wanted to write these down. These are some memorable lines I gathered during the first quarter of 2011. Some of these lines still make me laugh today. :)

1. On complaining about the salary from her recent promotion, her husband remarked:
    Choosy ka pa! Hindi ka naman UP!

2. Sister, hwag na tayo mag-away. Tutubo din yan[g buhok mo] in two weeks. (As relayed by a gay hair stylist to his client.)

3. Playing charades:
     To guess: Roast turkey
     a. Taya: Manok ba ito?
         Mga tao:  Pwede! Mas sosyal sa manok!
         Taya: Fried chicken?
         Taya: Microwave chicken?
         Taya: Estofado??????

     To guess: Buddha
     b. Taya: Filipino ba ito?
         Mga tao: Hindi
         Taya: Ah! So American?

4. How much copy-pasting can one get???? (As relayed by the boss to his intern.)

5. Boss: I don't reply to stupid emails.
    Intern: (To herself: Gosh, that's why you didn't reply to my mails?!)

6. Trying hard subordinate: So you speak French?
    Boss: Vous parlais francais?
    Trying hard subordinate: un poco
    Boss: That's Spanish!
Oh shit! Too much for trying hard!

7. Person 1: Uy, skydiving tayo sa Clark!
    Person 2: Sige! Pero baka masira ang ilong ko! Malaking investment ito.

8. Don't you know that your office building, since it has everything in it, is actually a spaceship that will just one day take off when there's serious trouble in Manila????

9. No offense ma'am, but your YM ID is a borderline between gross and pervert.

These are all I can remember for now.  :)

cheers,
diane

No comments:

Post a Comment